SQL Database Administrator – DBA
Currently seeking a personable SQL DBA who welcomes open discussion and communication to join our Central Sheffield based client.
Salary: Circa £45-55k + Benefits
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP (Understand notices may have to be served)
- Location: Central Sheffield
- Hours: 9am – 5pm (Mon-Fri)
The successful SQL DBA will have the following:
- 2+ years’ experience of database administration
- Query Optimisation
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining databases using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of SSRS
- Experience of database performance tuning and refactoring processes
- Excellent communication skills
Any of the following would be highly advantageous but NOT necessary:
- Experience of working in an Agile/Lean environment
- SQL Server 2012 / SQL Server 2014 / SQL Server 2016
- IT related Degree
As the successful SQL DBA, you shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining multiple MS SQL Databases and BI solutions
- The delivery of multiple projects to various business streams
- Establishing new ways of working
- Automating Database tasks
- Designing technical solutions to solve business problems
- Working in an Agile environment
- Working with multi-disciplinary project teams across the whole SDLC
- Build positive team dynamics and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with a diverse and high energy team
- Continually learning and developing your skills
This is a superb opportunity for a SQL DBA who enjoys working in an easy going but successful environment where his/her work has a big impact.
If this is of interest to you, please do click ‘apply’ now and send your CV to Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org CV’s are being reviewed as a priority and interviews to take place as soon as convenient.
Key terms: SQL Server, Database Administrator, DBA, SSRS, BI, Business Intelligence, Migrations, Maintenance, Agile, Communication.