Solutions Architect ( Sparx EA / Data Modelling )
6 Months Initially
£450 – £550 per day
Solutions Architect ( Sparx EA / Data Modelling ) is required to join my prestigious Utilities client based in London, you will work within a collaborative tech team in help to achieve key strategic objectives.
Role responsibilities & description:
- Supporting the review of the current solution architecture and where appropriate provide guidance to improving the current architecture in line with best practices.
- Providing advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Ensuring that all design artefacts are in place including the identification, development and maintenance of the design documentation.
- Setting up the use of the current Sparx EA tool for creating and storing artefacts.
- Supporting the team’s BAU activities related to changes arising from the project initiatives.
- Coordinating activities, participating in regular meetings with business analysis and test teams.
- Providing technical direction to third-party suppliers and assuring quality of third-party technical deliverables.
- Carrying out technical reviews and assuring overall quality of technical deliverables.
- Managing development outputs and ensuring sufficient technical documentation is created and maintained.
- Selecting and using appropriate methodologies for system design activities.
- Liaising with test team leader to ensure design outputs are suitable for testing purposes.
Essential Experience required for the successful Solutions Architect ( Sparx EA / Data Modelling ) include:
- Previous and extensive use of Sparx ‘Enterprise Architect’ product to record designs, models and requirements traceability.
- Strong Data Modelling experience.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Technical and analytical report writing.
- Strong Technical documentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organiser and planner.
- Proficient in chairing and facilitating meetings.
- Expert in writing and delivering presentations within a formal environment.
- Excellent English verbal and nonverbal skills with an eye for detail.
- “Can do” hands on style.
Desirable Experience for the successful Solutions Architect ( Sparx EA / Data Modelling ) include:
- Hands on Development background.
- Good Data Architecture experience.
- Utilities experience.
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.