Senior Application Support Engineer – Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
An opportunity to work in a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced environment where you shall gain exposure across a wide range of applications.
Salary: up to £60k + Benefits
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP (Understand notices may have to be served)
- Location: Central London
- Hours: 37.5 (Shift pattern: 8am-4:30pm & 11:30am – 8pm + on call circa 1 in 4 weeks)
The successful Senior Application Support Engineer will have the following:
- Prior Hands on experience working in the application support arena using UNIX /Linux Technologies
- LAMP stack experience (Linux/Apache/My SQL , PHP) and also Java based web applications
- Experience configuring and maintaining server infrastructure (Tomcat, Apache, web servers)
- Log File analysis
- Scripting languages such as CSH, Bash, PERL and/or Python
- Hands on experience working with monitoring tools like Check_Mk or Nagios or New Relic or similar
- Experience of writing/analysing SQL queries and knowledge of Oracle 11g DB
- Experience on working AWS cloud environments like Lambda, Kuberneetes and GCP
Any of the following would be highly advantageous but NOT necessary:
- Knowledge of ticketing system – Service now or JIRA
- Awareness of core Java technologies, J2EE, Springs, Hibernate, XML and PHP frameworks Like Laravel
- Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible
- Basic Knowledge of working with technologies like Elastic Search / Rabbit MQ would be advantageous
- ITIL awareness
- Basic Knowledge of Networks, including VLANs, Load balancers and Firewalls.
As the successful Senior Application Support Engineer, you shall be responsible for:
- Providing 2nd line technical Support for various complex distributed applications hosted on application servers like tomcat written in varied languages like Java, PHP etc
- Supporting applications on AWS cloud platforms written in Kubernetees, Lambda and Google Cloud Platforms (GCP).
- Maintaining platform infrastructure servers hosted on premise across Linux/Unix environments by preventing and resolving incidents.
If this is of interest to you, please do click ‘apply’ now. CV’s are being reviewed as a priority.
Key terms: Application Support, Engineer, LAMP, Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Unix, Java, Tomcat, Web Servers, Scripting, Monitoring tools, SQL, Oracle, Cloud, Google, AWS