Junior Test Analyst – Fresh Graduate with 2:1 / 1 st / MSc / Phd – Croydon £20,000 – £25,000 plus travel card and 10% bonus
A leading Transportation Company are actively looking for a Junior Test Engineer that has recently graduated with at least a 2:1 or above. The role is based in Croydon and it is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team that are working in an exciting and innovative area.
The junior Test Analyst with strong organisational skills and attention to detail is required to support the testing activities for the implementation of changes to existing or new retail systems across the companies Bus and Rail divisions. The Test Analyst will work closely with bus and rail companies as well as with external suppliers.
- To undertake quality assurance checks during third-party supplier developments
Ensure that the test scenarios, test plans and scripts are created in a structured way, to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- Execute tests and ensure results are accurately recorded.
- Support other test team members and associated IT and business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing-related activities.
Report and track any issues observed as part of the testing-related activities and retesting where required.
Liaise with suppliers in regard to the resolution of any defects identified
Carry out other tasks as agreed with the Retail Design & Test Manager/Test Lead.
Follow the Go-Ahead personal and professional behaviours and values.
Knowledge & Experience:
– Degree qualified (min 2:1)
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Highly computer literate with working knowledge of a variety of project management packages and MS office tools
– Knowledge of Smartcard systems and / or ITSO
– Passionate about testing
– Ideally ISTQB certified tester at foundation level
– Previous experience working in a test environment
– Familiarity with testing methodologies and lifecycle
– Excellent organisation skills, familiarity with testing methodologies and project lifecycle
– High degree of accuracy
– Experience of being a team player and with equal ability to work effectively on own initiative
– Ability to multi-task
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Ability to prioritise own workload
– Fast learner
Core Competencies for Junior Test Analyst :
Achieving Results – Be aware of key business objectives and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
“Can do” attitude – Strong initiative with excellent problem-solving skills
Supplier management – Able to build professional relationships with suppliers and focus on solving problems.
Communication – Good communication skills suitable for the liaison with stakeholders, colleagues and senior management. Demonstrate good communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers.
Planning and Organising – Good at determining a course of action by looking at the bigger picture.
Teamwork – Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of the team, and be able to freely share knowledge, ideas and information.
Problem Solving and Decision Making – Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Be responsible for own decisions.
Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner and exhibit the required behaviour in line with the business’ Vision, Attitudes and Beliefs, acting as an example to other employees. Good at identifying goals and objectives, and motivating others towards their achievement.
Innovation and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management
How to apply for Junior Test Analyst
If you have a 2:1 or above, have a passion for Testing and excellent communication skills with a can do attitude please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org