Junior Business Analyst – Fresh Graduate – East Croydon / Westminster £20,000 – £25,000 plus travel card and 10% bonus
12-month fixed term contract with a view to extend this after the 12 months.
A leading Transportation Company are actively looking for a Junior Business Analyst that has recently graduated. The role is based in East Croydon and Westminster it is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team that are working in an exciting and innovative area.
Are you someone who cares about the customer journey?
Are you a problem solver with the customer at the heart of your actions?
We are looking for a customer focussed individual to support the delivery and success of the smartcard key and other retail sales channels. This includes supporting the design, testing and deployment of new systems, through to the day to day support activities of the systems, such as business queries, product development and the acceptance and validation.
The role involves supporting projects as well as supplier management and escalations to management. You will support the business through testing of new functionality and software releases to the core technical solutions – including the bus ticket machine, ITSO back office and web portals, mobile applications and real time information systems for bus and rail.
Knowledge & Experience for Business Analyst:
- Computer literate with working knowledge of a variety of project management packages and MS office tools
- Writing business requirements & procurement specifications
- Designing test and project plans and writing test scripts
- Familiarity with PRINCE2 project management methodology
- Experience of being a team player and the ability to work effectively on own initiative
- Good organisation skills, familiarity with project lifecycle
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to explain complex issues in a simplified way
- Ability to present information at meetings both internal and external
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work under pressure
- Proven experience of successful partnership working.
- Ability to communicate orally with a wide range of people
- Flexible approach to working hours according to the needs of the business
Principal Accountabilities Business Analyst:
- Support the delivery of Electronic Ticket Machines to Bus fleet to ensure BSOG payment in line with acceptance of Concessionary and Commercial tickets.
- Deliver solutions to support scheme growth and to assist in testing these solutions prior to release into the Business.
- Manage suppliers through monitoring and maintaining relationships aligned to cost controls.
- Contribute actively in a specialist support team function within the wider IT team for retail and RTI/AVL area
- Support business change – implementation of new retail channels, ticket types and interoperable and multi-modal schemes
- Establish reputation in interoperable schemes and ensure that relationships with external stakeholders are maintained – specifically with local authorities, ITSO, and other scheme operators with which we work
- Monitor and Support the availability of the retail infrastructure
- Support rail Colleagues in delivering inter-operability and on any rail retail projects as required.
Core Competencies for Junior Business Analyst:
Achieving Results – Be aware of key business objectives and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
“Can do” attitude – Strong initiative with excellent problem-solving skills
Supplier management – Able to build professional relationships with suppliers and focus on solving problems.
Communication – Good communication skills suitable for the liaison with stakeholders, colleagues and senior management. Demonstrate good communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers.
Planning and Organising – Good at determining a course of action by looking at the bigger picture.
Teamwork – Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of the team, and be able to freely share knowledge, ideas and information.
Problem Solving and Decision Making – Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Be responsible for own decisions.
Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner and exhibit the required behaviour in line with the business’ Vision, Attitudes and Beliefs, acting as an example to other employees. Good at identifying goals and objectives, and motivating others towards their achievement.
Innovation and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management
How to apply for Junior Business Analyst
If you have a 2:1 or above, have a passion for Business Analysis and excellent communication skills with a can-do attitude please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org