Infrastructure & Network Engineer
Currently seeking a personable Infrastructure & Network Engineer to help Implement and maintain IT Infrastructure and Network systems.
Provide 2nd and 3rd line IT support for the Business.
Deliver IT Infrastructure and Network projects to specification and on time.
Salary: £38k + On Call Rota (£2300pa) + Bonus + Benefits
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP (Understand notices may have to be served)
- Location: Central London
The successful Infrastructure & Network Engineer will have the following:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role (Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, 3 rd Line Support etc).
- Relevant vendor qualifications, such as any of the following: Juniper JNCIA or Higher, Brocade BCNE, Fortinet NSE., Microsoft MCSE/MCSA, Cisco CCNA, CompTia N+ or Equiv
- Knowledge and understanding of: All OSI Networking layers including: TCP/IP, Dynamic Routing, Switching, DNS, E-Mail, Firewalls, SSL VPN, etc.
- Aruba Wireless or equivalent.
- Juniper and Brocade/Cisco Routing and Switching.
- Fortinet Firewalls.
- Windows Server Active Directory and Microsoft Networking
- Customer Focused
- Good inter-personal skills
- Team player
Any of the following would be highly advantageous but NOT necessary:
- CAT5/6 and Fibre technology.
- Linux OS.
- VoIP Technology and phone systems.
- HP Servers and Storage.
- NetApp Storage.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
As the successful Infrastructure & Network Engineer, you shall be responsible for:
- Implementation, Configuration and Maintenance of Internal Switches.
- Implementation, Configuration and Maintenance of Firewalls, SSL VPN Appliances and Wi-Fi systems.
- Implementation Maintenance and Configuration of Telehouse Wi-Fi system
- Support and Maintenance of Disaster Recovery System.
- Handling and resolving IT faults from helpdesk system and dealing with internal and external customers both at Docklands and Central London Sites.
- Completing daily checks and maintenance/improvement of monitoring systems.
- Complete IT Network/Infrastructure Projects on time and to spec. (Project Lead on Switch & Firewall Projects.
- Manage maintenance Contracts for all Switches, Firewalls, Wifi APs/Controllers and SSL VPN Appliances.
- Support and Maintenance for Windows servers e.g. Active Directory, DNS, Windows Updates and Server restores/rebuilds
- Maintenance and configuration of all storage systems
- Maintenance and configuration of routers and load balancers.
- Maintenance and configuration of Virtual systems Incl: VMWare, Blade systems and future tech.
- Participating in the Engineering Team On-Call Rota system
This is a superb opportunity for an Infrastructure & Network Engineer to work within a company that encourages exposure to plenty of technology and has long term staff retention.
If this is of interest to you, please do click ‘apply’ now. CV’s are being reviewed as a priority.
Key terms: Engineer, Infrastructure, Networking, Networks, Support, Windows, Servers, Projects