DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net )
£500 – £600 per day D.O.E.
DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) is urgently needed for a Greenfield DevOps implementation remote contract for a Financial Services client based on an initial 6 months contract paying £500 – £600 per day depending on experience.
The DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) will be implementing CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices while working closely with the development, data, infrastructure and security teams in an Agile environment. The Engineer will empower and mentor the product and platform teams into a fully capable DevOps function.
This is an exciting Greenfield project helping a Development Team transition to DevOps and Agile. Strong interpersonal skills and report building will be required as you will help in shaping the Greenfield DevOps roadmap and building a culture to build faith and trust within Development and Infrastructure Teams.
The DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) will have considerable experience creating automated build and deployment pipelines in Windows/Azure and .NET environments. The DevOps Engineer will be adept at building deployment pipelines from scratch and will have demonstrable experience using a range of best-of-breed tools. The Engineer will have a worked within the full software development lifecycle using modern software practices.
To be successful in this DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) role, you will have hands-on experience in Containers, Infrastructure as a Code, Continuous Testing and Monitoring & DevOps Security practices.
Roles & responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) include:
- Implement and mature Continuous Integration, Delivery and Monitoring pipeline.
- Drive Continuous Improvement across the Product & Platform Teams.
- Assist the Head of Development Operations in proposing, showcasing and implementing Better Ways of Working.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and issues in collaboration with colleagues.
- Own the delivery of strategy.
- Support and work with the Head of Development Operations to develop and maintain the DevOps strategy and align this with the SDLC.
- Identify and remove obstacles that may affect delivery.
- Work on trailing and testing new technologies and toolsets as appropriate.
- Support, docs, training, quality control.
Required experience for the DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) includes:
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrable relevant technical experience with common & modern continuous integration, testing, delivery and monitoring tools.
- The ability to engage with and influence others within the product and platform teams.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining the CI/CT/CD/CM pipelines.
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies.
- 5+ years working with the Microsoft stack.
- Working within a structured SDLC environment.
- Experience in assisting corporations to transition to Agile/DevOps.
- Experience of liaising directly with users (both written and verbal) required.
- Experience in regulatory environments.
- Exposure to Agile and/or XP.
- MS Technical Stack.
- Demonstrable experience implementing a CI/CT/CD/CM pipeline.
- Experience with application & infrastructure monitoring.
- Knowledge of at least one OO (C#, Java) and one scripting language (PowerShell, Python).
- Knowledge of configuring and maintaining code testing, scanning & analysis, database versioning, package management, provisioning, configuration and security tools, etc. common to a delivery pipeline.
- Good understanding of Security as it applies to CI/CD.
- Shows continual maintenance of technical knowledge.
- Qualification in Computing, Maths or Science related A-level or equivalent.
Desirable experience for the DevOps Engineer ( Microsoft / Azure / .Net ) includes:
- Previous Greenfield DevOps implementation experience.
- Software development experience.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with VSTS.
- Experience with New Relic.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or Azure Certified.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an industry leading organisation who working on exciting cutting-edge technology projects.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply directly through the site now.