Data Scientist ( Python / Machine Learning )
Leeds City Centre
My client is looking for a talented Data Scientist ( Python / Machine Learning ) with a background in machine learning and taking data science solutions through to production to join their team in Leeds to join the highest funded UK Technology project and help deliver innovative solutions to diverse problems on high-quality projects with latest in cutting edge technology.
My client are leading experts in providing systems engineering, data analytics, machine learning, quantum computing, and risk analysis across multiple industries, including investment banks, hedge funds, pharmaceutical companies, industrial corporations, government, and other start-ups.
The role will require you to interact with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and systems engineers, resolving quantum computing and advanced data science problems to meet client needs. Occasional inter-city and international travel for client workshops and technical networking will be required.
Data Scientist ( Python / Machine Learning ) essential experience:
- Communication skills: able to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Algorithmic skills: able to solve complex mathematical and computational problems
- Prototype, develop, and deploy complex analytics models for client systems
- Organise, manage, and curate large and complex datasets
- Work in an internationally distributed team, with schedule flexibility
- Deliver high quality technical outcomes while adhering to cost and schedule constraints
- Proficiency in Python and common machine learning packages such as scikit-learn, NLTK, and Theano
- Competence in all portions of the data analytics pipeline, including ingest, cleaning, feature extraction, modelling, statistical validation, and visualisation / reporting
- Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering, science, or mathematics, with specialisations related to computer science preferred
Data Scientist ( Python / Machine Learning ) beneficial experience:
- Expertise in one or more of: natural language processing, probabilistic modelling, time series analysis, anomaly detection, deep learning, behavioural analysis, causal analysis
- Analytics experience in finance, insurance, cyber security, and/or sports
- Proficiency in other analytics technologies, such as R, SQL, CUDA, Hadoop, and Spark
- Experience with Dataiku’s Data Science Studio
- Cloud computing background
A demonstrable track-record in a similar role is a necessity for this business-critical role. The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist ( Python / Machine Learning ) in search of a new challenge that will push them and challenge them out of their comfort zone.
To apply for the Data Scientist ( Python / Machine Learning ) role please send your CV to Callum Forrest at Callum.email@example.com