Project Manager (Microsoft / Agile / Excel / Waterfall)
Project Manager required for a leading Utilities/energy company will be planning, managing and successfully deliver projects to time, quality and budget targets, whilst complying with governance processes. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of internal team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects.
On offer for the Project Manager:
On top of a salary of up to £50,000 – £60,000 depending on experience plus discretionary bonus and prosperous career opportunities and a central London location.
Other perks include:
- Very friendly culture, family-feel and strong camaraderie environment
- Company expansion and new projects means a variety of career progression options in the future
- Cutting edge technology projects – exciting goals ahead!
Project Manager role will include:
- Managing software changes delivered by third party service providers; managing system and documentation changes.
- Business change initiatives (not necessarily IT related), direct management of small software teams to deliver small projects or Proof of Concepts and the procurement of software or services.
- Responsible for managing the whole project lifecycle, including defining the project’s objectives and overseeing quality control
Essential skills for the Project Manager (Microsoft / Agile / Excel / Waterfall ) will have the following:
- 8 to 10 Years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Identify the appropriate delivery model (Agile or Waterfall) and tailor the delivery framework (where appropriate) considering the scope, complexity and risk profile of the project.
- Develop and track project plan, identifying activities, milestones and dependencies.
- Manage third party service providers and work closely with the service providers.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other stakeholders.
- Strong project management experience in complex agile and waterfall environments (specific experience with Scaled Agile would be beneficial), with proven track record of delivery to time, cost and quality parameters.
- Extensive experience of working with / managing service providers.
- Experience of managing an offshore delivery model.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and to work.
- flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced delivery environment in a flexible and responsive manner
- Ability to set clear priorities for themselves and team members.
- Understanding of procurement processes would be an advantage.
- Expert user of MS Project.
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power point.
All the above is absolutely essential to the role so please prepare to give examples of each bullet point when interviewing with Edwin and his team.
We are looking for someone with exceptional communication and relationship development skills who will be able to manage multiple concurrent projects of differing scale and scope. The utilities/energy industry is currently undergoing a period of rapid change and this is an opportunity to join a company that sits at the heart of the market and the significant changes affecting the market in 2019.
To be considered for this role please get in touch ASAP by applying through this website or sending your CV to Edwin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords – Agile, Waterfall, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project Management, Business Change, Leading, New Technology, Project manager, Managed service provider, Agile, Waterfall, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project Management, Business Change, Leading, New Technology, Project manager, Managed service provider, Agile, Waterfall, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project Management, Business Change, Leading, New Technology, Project manager, Managed service provider