Data Platform Engineer (Python/ Kafka / Spark)
12 month contract
£450 – £550 depending on experience
A Data Platform Engineer (Python / Kafka / Spark) is required to join a successful start-up in the financial services industry, based in Central London for an immediate 12-month contract.
The Data Platform Engineer (Python / Kafka / Spark) will join a highly skilled team to build the back-end of a Data Analytics Platform.
The right candidate must have a passion for Data and expertise of the Python programming language, plus a minimum of 4 years of hands-on development experience.
Key responsibilities for the Data Platform Engineer (Python / Kafka / Spark) include :
- Own features from design to deployment
- Work with technology and Data Science teams to understand application requirements
- Write tests, API and deployment documentation
Essential skills for the Data Platform Engineer (Python / Kafka / Spark) include :
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on development experience
- Expertise of the Python programming language
- Knowledge of Spark / Kafka / Druid / Ignite
- A passion for Test Driven Development
- Mastery of and expertise in Git
- Solid fundamentals of data structures and algorithms
- Comprehension of application architecture
Desirable skills for Data Platform Engineer (Python/ Kafka / Spark) include :
- Experience working with Big Data sets (experience with financial data would be a bonus)
- Familiarity with some of these technologies: Pandas / Java / Bash / HDFS / Numpy
- Knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning would be beneficial
- Dev-ops: Ansible, Docker, Jenkins etc
What will make the Data Platform Engineer (Python / Kafka / Spark) a superstar?
- You will have a detail-orientated, problem solving approach
- You will value continual learning
- You will have an academic background and be keen to broaden your existing skills and expertise
The right candidate must be available to start immediately and must be willing to undertake occasional travel to the client site (commutable from HQ.)
The candidate must have the right to work in the UK.
If you think this sounds like a perfect fit, please click APPLY.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.