Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL )
12 month contract
£625 per day
A Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL ) is required to join a leading Digital Marketing Agency based in Central London.
This is for a 12 month contract, looking to commence early March.
The Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL ) will create a scalable data platform, and create tools and solutions that can be used for Data mining.
You will liaise with the Head of Data Architecture and the Head of Data Science, ensuring that the project is ran smoothly at all times.
The ideal candidate must have experience working with at least one Public Cloud Platform, preferably AWS.
Essential skills for the Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL ) include :
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages ( Python / Clojure / Scala / Java)
- Experience in Data solutions using the Hadoop Ecosystem ( Spark / Pig / HBase )
- Commercial experience integrating external API’s and pulling data from SQL databases (especially Oracle an SQL Server)
- Machine Learning experience
Desirable skills for the Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL ) include :
- Experience of Stream processing ( Kafka / Spark / Storm / AWS Kinesis )
- Two years minimum experience with AWS ( ECS / Redshift / EKS)
- Previous position working with and supporting Front End Product Owners and Development Teams
- Previous position working with Data Insights
What’s in it for the Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL ) ?
- Exposure to new technologies, access to continual learning and development
- Working alongside some of the best Data Engineers and IT enthusiasts in the world
- An agile working environment
- Competitive contract day rate with a sturdy project length
- Flexible working hours
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK
If you would like to be considered for the Data Engineer ( Python / Spark / SQL ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to start in March 2019.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.