Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink )
6 – 12 month contract
£500-600 per day
A Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink ) is required to join a team of highly skilled and experienced Data Engineers, Scientists and Architects. You will be joining an organisation within the Telecomms sector, a company of a large size based in Central London.
As the Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink ) you will further enhance, develop and maintain their Data Platform. Your work will surround enhancing the architecture of this platform and to also create and implement new architectures for upcoming projects.
The right candidate must have a passion for Data and its supporting technologies and should also be able to work with sufficient amounts of data easy. You must also be an influential team-player and be willing to take on leadership duties when the Principle Engineer is otherwise occupied.
Essential skills for the Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink ) include :
- Minimum 2 years Big Data Experience
- Knowledge of data manipulation and transformation (SQL)
- Expertise in Kafka streaming
- Expertise in Spark
- Commercial knowledge of Apache Flink stream processing framework
- Minimum of 2 years experience building complex ETL pipelines
- Experience using Scala and Python programming land scripting anguages
- Commercial experience using Cassandra / MongoDB
Desirable skills for the Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink ) include :
- Deployment and provisioning automation tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift,
- Bash scripting and Linux systems administration
- Liaison with Advanced Analytics, Data Science
- Other programming languages: scripting (Ruby, Groovy) or statically typed languages (Java, C++, Go, …)
What’s in it for the Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink ) ?
- Competitive contract salary
- Fun and creative team of data enthusiasts, team size around 32
- International atmosphere
- Great office location, easy transport access
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK. If you would like to be considered for the Data Engineer ( Kafka / Spark / Flink ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to start within the next couple of weeks.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.