Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java )
6 month contract
£550 per day
A Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java ) is required to join a leading online marketing and printing firm based in Central London.
This is for a 6 month contract, looking to start by the end of March 2019.
The Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java ) will contribute and develop (both new and old) Data pipelines on an enterprise-scale Hadoop cluster.
You will work as part of an agile environment, utilising AWS and its components.
Essential skills for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java ) include :
- Expertise with SQL (Oracle and SQL Server)
- Expertise and plus 5 years of hands on coding with either Python or Java programming languages
- Impressive knowledge of the Hadoop Ecosystem and its components (Hive, Falcon, Oozie etc.)
- Public Cloud Platform knowledge (AWS, AWS Lambda, Athena, Glue etc)
Desirable skills for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java ) include :
- Previously occupied a client facing role
- Previously worked with direct stakeholders in the business
- Experience working with Linux or Git would be desirable
- Previous position within a Marketing Firm, working with large customer data sets, search engine optimization analysis etc
What’s in it for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java ) ?
- Newly furbished Central London offices
- Already established company enduring a large period of growth
- Active participation in the Data company (host meet ups, events etc)
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK.
Please do not apply if your skill-set does not match the above criteria or your desired salary does not match with the advertised day rate.
If you would like to be considered for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / AWS / Java ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to start in March 2019.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.