Data Engineer ( Azure SQL / Data Factory / Azure DWH )
3 Months initial (Outside IR35)
£400 – £475 per day D.O.E
Data Engineer ( Azure SQL / Data Factory / Azure DWH ) is needed to work for one of our growing retail clients based in Central London for an initial 3 months engagement. Day rates of £400 – £475 depending on experience are on offer (Outside IR35).
As the Data Engineer ( Azure SQL / Data Factory / Azure DWH ) you will play a pivotal part in refactoring existing code and making sure that the existing Azure DWH is robust and scalable to keep up with the rapid growth of the business in preparation for a move to a Data Lake architecture.
Essential experience required for the Data Engineer ( Azure SQL / Data Factory / Azure DWH ) includes:
· Proven track record and strong background in Data Engineering.
· Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server & Azure.
· Experience in designing and developing Datawarehouse solutions from scratch, rather than just Data Engineering from a maintenance perspective.
· Track record of implementing end-to-end DWH and ELT/ETL pipeline solutions.
· Maintain and optimize the Data Warehouse solutions to maximize performance.
· Strong experience with SQL.
· Experience with Kimball star/snowflake methodology databases.
· Strong experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Warehouse.
Desirable experience required for the Data Engineer ( Azure SQL / Data Factory / Azure DWH ) includes:
· Experience working with large-scale data environments in a data engineering role.
· Microsoft Azure related Certifications.
· Experience working in the Retail/Ecommerce space.
· Experienced in Data Architecture.
· Experience with Azure VM and Blob storage.
· Experience with . Net / C# processing files.
· Experience with Azure Data Lake, Azure Analysis Services and Azure Databricks.
A demonstrable track record in a similar role is a necessity for this business-critical role. The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer ( Azure SQL / Data Factory / Azure DWH ) in search of a new challenge that will push them out of their comfort zone.
To apply for this role, please send an updated version of your CV to email@example.com.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Development & Design, Business Intelligence, IT & Infrastructure Support. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this.