Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / Spark ) SC Clearance Essential
Initial 9 month contract
£650-700 day rate
A Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / Spark ) is required to join a leading consultancy on an initial 9 month contract.
You will be working on client site for a leading Financial firm, designing, coding and testing simple high-level items downwards.
As the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / Spark ) you will communicate workload status, contribute back to the end client to ensure they receive the best return and will report on progress and escalate issues in a timely manner.
You must have experience in migrating workloads to Hadoop platforms (Hortonworks).
Essential skills for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / Spark ) include :
- Current SC Clearance is essential in this role
- Minimum 3 years knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and its entities (Hbase, Hive) (HDP Certified Developer)
- Knowledge of Spark streaming
- Python programming language knowledge
- Hortonworks or cloudera knowledge
- Knowledge of MapR
- Presentable, approachable and professional with working on client site
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion, Transformation and Analytics
Desirable skills for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / Spark ) include :
- Knowledge of technologies such as SQL Server and Tableau would be beneficial
- Previous role working for a consultancy would be beneficial, as would commercial experience working on customer site
- Proactive approach to SDLC and Agile working
What’s in it for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Hortonworks / Cloudera ) ?
- Working on client site for a leading bank with a great reputation
- Working alongside some of the best engineers in the world
If you’d like to apply for the Data Engineer ( Hadoop / Python / Spark ) role, please click Apply using your most recent CV.