Cloud/Data Engineer – ( Azure / Retail / Cloud )
Cloud/Data Engineer required for an outstanding opportunity based in Central London, for a well-known retail client. As the Cloud/Data Engineer, you will be able to learn and develop new skills daily, with regular training and amazing benefits. The team has a wide range of skills including: warehousing, data science and cloud technologies and they are looking right now for people at the top of their game to join the team and drive it forward.
Amazing benefits for the Cloud/Data Engineer:
A salary between £70,000 – £80,000 + bonus and benefits.
Essential Skills for the Cloud/Data Engineer:
- Azure Data Lake and Data Factory.
- MS SQL Server.
- Data pipeline/workflow management tools such as Kafka
- Spark, USQL and C# for Azure Data Lake.
- R and RStudio offerings are a plus.
- Stream-processing systems such as Storm and Spark-Streaming is a plus.
- Python, Java, C++
- Design and build data pipelines
- Design and build the cloud infrastructure for data storage and ETL.
- Educate the business on best practices and guidelines in cloud system design.
- Operationalise and integrate machine learning and other data processes in the IT environment
- Align business strategies and development best practices to deliver suitable IT solutions to realise value from data
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional teams.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and a variety of modern database
- Work experience in cloud computing and storage such as Azure
- Experience in various data acquisition techniques including web-scraping and API
- Experience in Data Lake architecture and design best practice
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience in working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning new techniques and tools outside of the work environment.
- Knowledge in machine learning.
Package for the Cloud/Data Engineer Ideally up to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits but for an extraordinary Cloud Engineer with previous experience working in retail services this could be stretched to £80,000!
This really is an outstanding opportunity to work with one of the best clients in London financial sector, if you wish to be considered for this position please contact: Edwin.firstname.lastname@example.org