Data Architect ( Azure / Modelling / Data Governance )
Data Architect required for anexciting opportunity to join a growing team in implementing my client’s new data strategy for a leading utilities client. You will work closely with senior stakeholders and cross functional product teams to successfully execute an in-flight digital transformation initiative
On top of a salary of up to £70,000 – £80,000 + depending on experience, there’s a generous benefits package, including 10% bonus, full BUPA healthcare, large pension and much more.
Other perks include:
- Collaborative and driven environment
- Company expansion means a variety of career progression options in the future
- Cutting edge technology projects – exciting goals ahead!
As the Data Architect you will need to be familiar with working in a fast-paced agile environment, and have experience working with system integrator teams, based across multiple geographies and in different organizations.
As the Data Architect you will have the opportunity to use your skills to deliver an advanced cloud based technical solution with architecture patterns and technologies.
The Data Architect will need to translate business requirements by understanding the needs of the data platform, then transfer this into technical solutions, and effectively communicate with product teams on your design. A key part of your role will be leading engineering teams to ensure conformation to your design, and governance through a well formulated process.
The successful Data Architect ( Azure / Modelling / Data Governance ) will have the following:
- 7-8 years working as a data architect or data solutions architect.
- Solid data modelling skills covering conceptual, logical and physical models for relational and non-relational data stores and different types of data models e.g. 3NF, dimensional, UML
- MDM, Data Quality and Data Governance processes and solutions.
- Ability to realize different business capabilities in the data platform including self-service reporting, ad-hoc user created data mash-ups, data science lifecycle and machine learning while defining the operating models and governance policies and processes that are required to for each scenario.
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions.
- Good understanding of the entire development life cycle from analysis of requirements to testing and project management.
- Good understanding of the architecture and characteristics of relevant data platforms and access patterns to
- provide leadership to development teams and evaluate design decisions. Including but not limited to: Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL (on-prem and PaaS), NoSQL databases such as Cosmos Db & Mongo, Big Data and analytics platforms such
- Insight, Azure Data Lake Analytics and Streaming platforms such as Azure Stream Insight, Apache Kafka etc.
- Deep understanding of NoSQL platforms, being familiar with traditional and cloud based ETL/ELT & streaming offerings
- Good understanding of Azure cloud offerings.
- Exposure to a range of BI, visualization and reporting technologies being able to balance strengths and weaknesses against business requirements.
- Modelling & architecture tools such as Sparx EA, ErWin, Idera Er/Studio
- Exposure to statistical platforms such as R, SAS, Python and the data science lifecycle.
- Understanding of and basic skills in development languages and patterns as they affect data solutions e.g.
- Solution provider experience
- Solid understanding of software development
- Thinking ability!
- Having delivered data not just through reports but through API’s or to other parties
- Worked on C# on .Net
- Provided reports as a service
- Able to provide real time access/insights
- Solve a range of different problems
To be considered for this role please get in touch ASAP by applying through this website or sending your CV to Edwin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Data Architect, Azure, c#, Cloud, Python, ETL, ELT, Data, visualisation, visualization, Solutions, pipelines, pipeline, Azure Cloud, NoSQL databases, SQL, Master Data Management, MDM, Azure Data Lake, Data Lake, Governance, Data Architect, Azure, c#, Cloud, Python, ETL, ELT, Data, visualisation, visualization, Solutions, pipelines, pipeline, Azure Cloud, NoSQL databases, SQL, Master Data Management, MDM, Azure Data Lake, Data Lake, Governance