Big Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Kafka )
6 month contract
£600 – 650
A Big Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Kafka ) is required to join a team of highly skilled Data Engineers and Scientists within the Telecomms sector, designing and implementing ETL pipelines in production.
The main focus being to write highly performant and scalable code that will run on top of the Big Data platform (AWS / SQL / Kakfa).
The right candidate must have a passion for Data and it’s supporting technologies and must be an influential team player, using initiative to undertake roles of responsibility when the Lead Engineer is otherwise occupied.
Essential skills for the ( Big Data Engineer AWS / SQL / Kafka ) include:
- Strong proficiency in SQL and development experience in Python
- Excellent experience with AWS services, particularly RedShift
- Excellent understanding of agile methodologies and their principles
- A full understanding of Data Modelling Techniques
- Exposure to core skill set: Kafka / KafkaConnect / KafkaStreaming / Zookeeper
- Minimum 2 years Big Data experience
- Working in an agile environment
- Working in a cross-functional team
Desirable skills for the ( Big Data Engineer AWS / SQL / Kafka ) include:
- Experience with Apache Spark / Hive / Impala / HDFS
- Experience refactoring code with scale and production in mind
- Experience in Machine Learning, transcoding ML structures
- Knowledge of data structures
- Experience with NOSQL
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Mathematical related field
It would also be beneficial if the Big Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Kafka ) has hands-on experience with building new data models and experience in building reports and visualisations to investigate key business questions.
You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK. If you would like to be considered for the Big Data Engineer ( AWS / SQL / Kafka ) role, please click Apply.
The ideal candidate must be able to start within the next couple of weeks.
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.