BI Developer – SQL Server / SSRS / SSIS / DWH / SSAS
BI Developer – SQL Server / SSRS / SSIS / DWH / SSAS is required for a well-respected commodities business based out of their Central London office. With the BI Developer role there will be a split between development and BAU work, around 70%/30% split in favour of development. Furthermore, you will be working on the design, development and deployment of business reports and analysis solutions as well as development of cubes with specific emphasis on SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
Currently their DB infrastructure is SQL Server 2012 on Azure but they are looking at taking this further in to the cloud on SQL Azure with a huge migration project to a later version of SQL Server!
With a friendly and welcoming atmosphere across the business, they are looking for a likeminded developer to join their ranks. The BI Developer role will certainly have more of a backend business intelligence development focus working mainly on ETL/SSIS, data warehousing and cube solutions. There will also be the opportunity to work with reporting tools such as SSRS and Pyramid but with less of a focus.
The successful BI Developer will have the following:
• Three plus years BI development experience in a similar role;
• Three plus years development experience in SQL Server with strong experience and knowledge of relational databases and writing complex T-SQL queries;
• Three plus years’ experience developing across the full MS BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS & SSAS);
• Previous Data Warehouse development and maintenance experience with sound knowledge of Data Warehousing principles with a Kimball methodology approach.
Desirable Skills/Qualifications for the BI Developer role:
• Experience working on database migration projects;
• SQL Azure migration experience;
• Experience working with CosmosDB or MongoDB.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic BI Developer who is looking for an exciting career in a highly professional yet fun and friendly environment. It is also a fantastic opportunity for the BI Developer to gain valuable experience working on SQL Azure, CosmosDB, MongoDB, etc…
A basic salary between £50,000 – £65,000 plus bonus and benefits is on offer depending on your experience working across the full BI stack.
To find out more about this role, please send your CV to Lewis Blades for review as initial interviews with the client are being arranged ASAP.
Key skills: Microsoft / SQL Server / TSQL / Stored Procedures / ETL / Extract Transform Load / SSIS / SSAS / Cube / MDX / Data Warehouse / Analytics / DWH / Data Warehouse / Azure / CosmosDB / MongoDB / Data Migration / Commodities / London