Azure Engineer ( PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, Data Bricks )
3 months’ contract
London / Lisbon
£500 – £650 per day depending on experience
I’m currently recruiting for a Azure Engineer ( PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, Data Bricks ). If after reading the below job description, you’d like to apply, please send me an updated version of your CV.
Alternatively, if you’re not currently available, and know of someone that you think could be interested in this role, please pass on my details or share theirs.
An experienced Azure Engineer ( PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, Data Bricks ) is needed to work for one of my prestigious clients. It would ideally be based in Lisbon but can be split between Lisbon and London.
You will be working on a cutting-edge Azure project and will have experience in:
- Azure Paas management
- Resource Groups deployment
- Azure Data Stack, such as ADW, Datalake, Databricks
- Monitoring and other modules
Responsibilities for the Azure Engineer ( PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, Data Bricks ) will include:
- Design, development and delivery of .Net and SQL based solutions on Microsoft Azure based architectures.
- Working within a combined onshore/offshore (India) development and test team working under an agile SCRUM based model.
- Working on client site and playing a key role in client project delivery to help see client engagements through to a commercially successful conclusion.
- Producing technical documentation
Required skills & experiences for the successful Azure Engineer ( PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, Data Bricks ) include:
- Azure – Experience in delivering solutions built on at least some of the following Azure components and services: Azure Storage (Blob, Tables and Queues), Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure SQL, Stream Analytics, Azure Batch.
- .Net – Experience in delivering C# .Net solutions.
- SQL Server – Experience in delivering solutions on SQL Server 2012 and above, or SQL Azure
- Good understanding of application life cycle management ideally using Team Foundation Services or Visual Studio Online.
- Business facing skills and a proven consultative approach.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects, within a development team using both Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall based management techniques.
Desired skills & experiences for the successful Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant include:
- Understanding of enterprise BI and data warehousing concepts and methods especially Kimball design techniques. Azure Data Lake Analytics (U-SQL)
- Dashboard development with Power BI or similar tools (Tableau, QlikView)
- Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Service Bus, Application Insights, Event Hubs
- Experience of the Microsoft SQL Server BI stack including SQL Server (Pref. 2012 onwards), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) tabular and OLAP, Reporting Services (SSRS), Master Data Service (MDS)
To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to email@example.com