Data Platform Technical Architect ( AZURE, ADF, DATA LAKE )
6 months +
£520 – £600 per day
Data Platform Technical Architect ( AZURE, ADF, DATA LAKE ) is needed to work for one of my prestigious clients based in their Swansea offices on an initial 6 months’ contract.
As the Data Platform Technical Architect ( AZURE, ADF, DATA LAKE ), you will form a key part of the delivery of cutting edge data platform solutions built on the Microsoft Azure Platform.
Responsibilities for the Data Platform Technical Architect ( AZURE, ADF, DATA LAKE ) will include:
- Appraisal of existing Azure solutions, making recommendations and explaining the pros / cons of components to clients
- Provide a QA role on Azure solutions (including SQL, AAS). Ensuring best practice / standards are applied.
- Identification of performance bottlenecks within a solution and formulate approach to resolve.
- Work with on and off-shore development teams to implement solutions and trouble shoot/resolve any technical issues
- Hands on and do development when required
Required skills & experiences for the successful Data Platform Technical Architect ( AZURE, ADF, DATA LAKE )
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- IoT Hub, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics
- Azure SQL Database as part of a PaaS solution
- SQL Server – Experience in delivering solutions on SQL Server 2012 and above, or SQL Azure
- Good understanding of application life cycle management ideally using Team Foundation Services or Visual Studio Online.
- Cortana Analytics
- Business facing skills and a proven consultative approach.
Desired skills & experiences include for the successful Microsoft Azure Data Platform Consultant
- Traditional Microsoft BI stack: SSRS / SSAS (Tabular with DAX & OLAP with MDX) / SSIS
- Development with C#, Python or R
- Understanding of enterprise BI and Data Warehousing concepts and methods
- Understanding of software engineering tools and concepts
- Experience of using Visual Studio Team Services / Git
- Passion for technology and a thirst for knowledge
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to email@example.com.